Dr. Madhur Basnet
Dr. Madhur Basnet, an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, is actively involved in groundbreaking research on collaborative care models for mental health in low-resource settings. With over five years of experience, he is dedicated to integrating mental health into primary care settings in Nepal. Dr. Basnet has done MD(Psychiatry) from B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal,2013 and hold MBBS degree B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan,Nepal,2009. His research interests span community psychiatry, implementation research in mental health, integration of mental health in primary care, and psychosomatic medicine. Dr. Basnet is not only a respected academic but also a dynamic leader who has led health politics movements in Nepal and contributed to policy-making, including the drafting of the National Mental Health Program 2022. Formerly serving as the assistant dean of examinations at B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, he has also worked as a Mental Health Officer at the World Health Organization Country Office in Nepal. He is driven by his passion for environmental protection and nature conservation.
- Dementia care landscape in Nepal: current situation and challenges for the development of a national dementia care plan.
- Family Caregiver experience of caring COVID-19 patients admitted in COVID hospital of B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Nepal
- Wernicke’s encephalopathy: a case report
- Caregiving Stress among Caregivers of Patients admitted with Suicidal Attempt
- Non-psychiatric Referral among First Encounter Patients Attending the Psychiatry Outpatient Services of a Tertiary Care Hospital: A Descriptive Cross-sectional Study
- Collaborative care model for depression in rural Nepal: a mixed-methods implementation research study
- Detection of Carbamazepine Level among Patients Visiting Psychiatric and Pediatric Services of a Tertiary Hospital in Eastern Nepal
- Mental health education in undergraduate medical curricula across Nepalese universities
- Personality Traits among Psychiatric Out-patients with Suicide Attempt Attending Tertiary Care Hospital in Eastern Nepal
- Attitude Towards Suicide among Caregivers of Patients Admitted with Suicide Attempt in a Tertiary Care Hospital: A Descriptive Cross-sectional Study