Prof Dr. Lochana Shrestha
Prof. Dr. Lochana Shrestha is a proactive Preventive Medicine Medical Graduate with over 25 years of experience in Preventive Medicine, Public Health, International Health, and Geriatric Health. Alongside her involvement in medical academia, she has worked on health project management and various international health issues such as TB, HIV/AIDS, Geriatric, and Child Health. She possesses technical expertise in project development, management, monitoring, and supervision, as well as the creation of technical documents and guidelines pertaining to health matters. Dr. Shrestha extensive experience includes significant work in the field of HIV/AIDS and TB at both national and international levels. Furthermore, she has dedicated herself to improve Geriatric Healthcare, aiming to alleviate the suffering experienced by elderly individuals at the end of life due to a lack of adequate healthcare services.
Qualification: MBBS, MD Community Medicine (India), MIPH (Sydney, Australia), Fellow in Geriatrics (India)
- Professor and Head of Department of Community Medicine in National Army Institute of Health and Science (NAIHS), Kathmandu Since November 2011.
- Chairman (Medical Director) of Health Home Care Nepal (Residential Elderly Care Home), Sanepa, Lalitpur since March 2012.
- Director Planning Research and Development Department, NAIHS, 2021
- Member, Ethical Review board, Nepal Health research Council (NHRC)
- Member of Council of UN International Institute on Aging, Malta/ILC-I Satellite Center for SAARC region
- President of Nepal Public Health Foundation (NPHF) Sept 2023
- Past President of Nepalese Society of Community Medicine (NESCOM)
- Board Member of Alzheimer And Related Dementia Society (ARDS)
- Member of Medical Education Council
- Prevalence of Hypertension and its Associated Risk Factors among Military Personnel of Nepali Army in Selected Military Barracks of Nepal
- Plasma Vitamin B-12 Levels and Risk of Alzheimer’s Disease: A Case-Control Study
- Prevalence of Anemia in Adolescent Girls attending Specific Schools of Kavrepalanchok, Nepal JNMA I VOL 59 I ISSUE 234
- Nutrition and Health Status Assessment of Geriatric People of One Rural District in Nepal
- Motivational Profiles of Medical Students of Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences
- Community Health Profile of Four VDCs of North-West Part of Kathmandu
- Geriatric health in Nepal: concerns and experience
- Knowledge, attitude and practice (KAP) study on diabetes mellitus among Nepalese diabetic patients
- Health Status Of School Children Of Pokhara Valley, Nepal
Prevalence Of Streptococcal Pharyngitis Among School Children Of Pokhara Valley, Nepal